Cites & Bytes @ Bailey

a library newsletter, a compendium of interesting tidbits, a communication tool....from Bailey Library @ Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. (Site Feed)

Monday, July 11, 2005

On the Road


I just returned from Europe and China and, while I visited many more museums than libraries, I did make a stop in the National Library of China (do I look like a tourist or what?) and also spent some time in the British Library in London. Both were marvelous; the National Library of China was particularly interesting to me. It was state-of-the-art; I felt like I'd walked into a major university library at home. The British Library has an amazing array of exhibits in their "Treasures" room including the Magna Carta, the Lindisfarne Gospels, Shakespeare's first folio, and sound recordings of such famous people as Florence Nightingale and Virginia Woolf.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melba Tomeo said...

That must have been fascinating!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home