Cites & Bytes @ Bailey

a library newsletter, a compendium of interesting tidbits, a communication tool....from Bailey Library @ Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. (Site Feed)

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Helpful Hints...

  • Ancestry.com is offering free access to its military collection through June 6. Search draft registration cards, POW records, and service records from the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, and the Civil War.
  • Continuing advice for summer reads: Read Any Good Books Lately? Noted authors report on their recent reading for the New York Times.
  • New bibliography tools: BibMe and EasyBib. I started playing with BibMe, which is pretty slick although I haven't tested it on the journal article retrieved from a database question. It does, however, let you search for books, articles, etc. and recommends others. We have RefWorks in the library (look on the Cite It! page) and I have heard that we also have EndNote now, but haven't been able to find it (guess I shouldn't be confessing to that... of course I can find it, I'm a librarian!)
  • Gift suggestions for Elizabeth Hasselbeck's children and little conservatives everywhere: Help, Mom! There are Liberals under My Bed and The Sky's Not Falling.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home