Cites & Bytes @ Bailey

a library newsletter, a compendium of interesting tidbits, a communication tool....from Bailey Library @ Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. (Site Feed)

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Support Professor Skeele...

From the University Public Relations office:
"SRU ’s David Skeele, professor of theatre, has been named a semi-finalist in amazon.com's Breakthrough Novel Contest for his supernatural thriller “Raised In Darkness.” Nearly 5,000 entries were submitted. An excerpt of his book is on the Web site. The winner will be based on reader reviews. To support Skeele, the University community is asked to visit the site, download and read the excerpt, then add their review. To participate visit: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011ZCAJ2. Initial reviews will be accepted through March 2, with finalists announced March 3. The overall winner will be announced April 7. For general information about the contest visit: www.amazon.com/abna. "

It's easy and free to download the excerpt from Raised in Darkness. From the little bit I've read so far, I am intrigued... definitely some foreshadowing, I think. I think you can also tell the author has theatre or film experience; it's very easy to visualize the scenes he describes. Hmmm, if I post that little bit of a review, I can be in the running to win a Kindle!
UPDATE: I finished reading the excerpt and I have to say I'm in... I would love to read the rest of this story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home