Cites & Bytes @ Bailey

a library newsletter, a compendium of interesting tidbits, a communication tool....from Bailey Library @ Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. (Site Feed)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Visiting a National Park?


Did you know that the government provides access to tons of really helpful information online? I'm hoping to highlight a few of their sites here this semester. One I've found very informative lately is the National Parks site, where you'll find all kinds of help for planning a visit to any of the nearly 400 areas administered by the National Parks Service. Teachers can direct kids to a WebRangers program that provides teaching games for kids of all ages. Most parks provide lesson plans that you can use in your classroom. My husband and I visited the Grand Canyon this summer, and I relied heavily on the site to learn about available lodging, trails, weather and other pertinent information. Scout around--I think you'll be surprised how easy it is to be an armchair traveler through some of the most beautiful scenery our country has to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home