Cites & Bytes @ Bailey

a library newsletter, a compendium of interesting tidbits, a communication tool....from Bailey Library @ Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. (Site Feed)

Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Weekend with Harry...


potter3
Originally uploaded by Tomes.
I just finished the latest Harry Potter book (having obtained it at midnight on Friday, see the previous post.) A very satisfying read, if a seeming departure from the earlier books... no real battles or adventures take place until page 570-something, but a lot of loose ends are explained and the mystery of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is illumined a bit. I found myself thinking of Tom Ridge (!) at the beginning as the alert level in the wizarding world was described. Very sad ending... as an adult reader, I am worried about Harry's ability to shoulder the burden of his future. I found it very engrossing as usual and read off and on all weekend so I could donate the book to the library on Monday. Say what you will, it is MAGIC to see so many children and adults eager to read a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home