Cites & Bytes @ Bailey

a library newsletter, a compendium of interesting tidbits, a communication tool....from Bailey Library @ Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. (Site Feed)

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Two Books to Read....














Big Russ & Me and Wisdom of Our Fathers (by Tim Russert)

I found Tim Russert's books after hearing about his death last June, and I wished I had read them sooner! Big Russ & Me (which I ordered through our Interlibrary Loan department) is a wonderful tribute to the lives of a father and son, and I was either laughing or crying as I was reminded of my own father and childhood. It was so refreshing to read a book written with such love, admiration and honesty. Check out Russert's follow-up book, Wisdom of Our Fathers, from Bailey Library's Reading Room. It's a compilation of letters he received from readers who were affected by Big Russ & Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home