Cites & Bytes @ Bailey

a library newsletter, a compendium of interesting tidbits, a communication tool....from Bailey Library @ Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. (Site Feed)

Monday, August 06, 2007

A Bit of a Blog Break...






















The blog will be taking a bit of a break in August, but don't go away... I have plenty of good reading to report on, along with library news and views, etc. but infrequent internet access. Actually, I'm seeing another library. Sorry. It's not you, it's me. We were on a break. They offered me a free library card and a half hour on the computer. They are the closest library to our summer cottage. It's probably just a summer thing....

What I've Been Reading: Gossamer by Lois Lowry (remarkable!); The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (very Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, autism must be the new narrative device); The Golden Apples by Eudora Welty (not my favorite Eudora Welty, although I liked the structure); Children Playing Before a Statue of Hercules, selected by David Sedaris (loving the complete collection, thanks Steve!); and The Invisible Garden by Dorothy Sucher(really good, thanks for the recommendation, Kathy.)

Hope you are enjoying some summer reading also!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home